Monday, 27 December 2010

Shining and New.

After playing round with the HTML and editing my photo on picnik.com, I finally realised taking AS Computing does actually have its use. At my school, one must take some sort of computer based course for GCSE and after much debate, I opted for the AS course on computing. I often found myself thinking, but when will this ever come in use throughout my classes and now, I have found the answer! I really felt it was time Union Olivia had a little re-vamp, just in time for the New Year, and began first with a new title and image. I felt a little glamour and decadence was needed, so snapped at a newly erected chandelier in my house with my Nikon et voila... That's one of my favourite things about this time of year; all the lights which seem to transform even the most plain to the opulent.
What I wore
Black Brogues - Office
Pink Ankle Socks - M&S
Black Trousers - Zara
Black Corset - Thrifted Moschino
Pink Shirt - Topshop
Black Jacket - ?

Here we are at Westfield, just leaving, as snow began to fall. It was a lovely day, (sadly no wearable purchases were made - only some necessary make up) and to step outside at the end of the day into the freezing temperatures to be met with thousands of lights creating an impossibly starry sky was just the vanilla icing on the raspberry and white chocolate 'bombe' cake. 


Sadly I have been bed bound for the second day and have been unable to hit the sales... In store, that is. However, I have already made my first purchase at trusty old ASOS: a pair of knitted khaki shorts. I have been feeling a little bit starved of bottom halves recently, especially since all my shorts are vintage and hence come with the indicative size issues, so these, in my size, fit the bill perfectly. 

So, after now reading this post and absorbing and hopefully getting used to the new layout, what do you think? You made any sale purchases yet?

UO x

16 comments:

ParisiannSkies said...

glad you are back!
the new layout looks amazing.

Phoebe.Madeleine said...

Great Post!

Christine said...

What a cuuute pic that is! (the first one) love all the lights as well <3

http://fancifulvision.blogspot.com

Chloe said...

love the new layout :) xo
http://intotheforbidden.blogspot.com/

Summer said...

OH! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! and i love the lights in that first picture! What a great blog you have here... im following right now :) Would love it if you came to visit mine...

www.passportsandprada.com

xoxo,
Summer

sbot said...

love those knit shorts!

Following your blog,hope you'll like to follow me too..
www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

-Stephanie

Laura said...

Hi your blog is great with a lot of beautiful pictures!
Maybe we can follow eachother?

Kimberly Bernardo said...

nice outfit :D

Christy said...

Your layout is cute but since this is the first time I've read your blog I don't really have anything to compare it to :)

I really like your outfit.
Very cute!


Christy of Dress Rehearsal

Henar said...

Loving the shorts, and the looks are really cool!!
xx

www.ohmyvogue.com

Izzy said...

You're back :D! Love the knit shorts, the topshop sale didn't have my size :( Love the new layout! Plus love your outfit!
www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Just came across your lovely blog, you are so adorable!
Oh, and those Topshop knit short are just perfect : )

Caramelle said...

you look really nice ! :) I wish you a lovely New year !

x. C

p.s. Thankyou for your sweet comment!

Antonia Serio said...

I like very much red&leopard combination! Too chic :D
COme into my blog if you want, you're welcome :)
Kisses

http://haiundisperatobisognodichanel.blogspot.com/

felesha papa said...

wow i want a pair!i think green works so well with black and brown too.

http://fpapa-adams.blogspot.com/

LaMode said...

i love your layout! im trying to redo mine but unlike you i didnt take as in computing, do you have any suggestions?

http://la-mode96.blogspot.com/