Thursday, 21 October 2010

Chinatown.

Sunday 17th of October 2010 was the birthday of one of my girls, Charlie! For her birthday, thirteen of us ventured up to Chinatown for a meal. After missing our first train, we left a half an hour late, but were still on time so did not miss our reservation luckily. We sat down on a large round table; round tables are always best, so you can all see eachother and allows whole table conversation. Then, came the task of ordering. As you can imagine, ordering dishes to share for thirteen people was a mammoth task, especially with the slight language barrier with the waiters! But, we soon had our list written on the back of an envelope, with the total reached, within our budget. Now, I always find at Chinese restaurants that the ordering can go one of two ways 1) FAR TOO MUCH or 2) not enough. However, this time, suprisingly, we got it bang on!


Feeling pleasantly full, we popped across the road on our way home to an oriental sweet shop. I picked up some delicous strawberry Pockey and managed to steal a few of my friend's different sweeties. Is it just me, or do foreign chocolate and sweets always taste better? It must be something to do with them being semi-exclusive and flown from a different country that just makes them that little bit cooler! Haha!

We decided we were not quite ready for home yet and did a little detour to Leicester Square, had a little walk round, gawped at Ben and Jerry's, had our picture taken with a foreign man and hot footed it home for X Factor.

What I wore:
Leopard Print Boots - Zara
Fluffy Socks - Topshop
(these are a new buy from the other day and
I just absolutely love them.
It feels like I am wearing snow!)
Skirt - Gifted, H&M
Shirt - Topshop
Leopard Print Jacket - ?
Earrings - Gifted

As Christmas is coming up (in about 2months, but hey, it is never too early to be thinking about Christmas) I am seriously hoping for a new camera... But to persuade my dad to actually buy me one, I need to approach him with a proper idea of what I want. All I know is, I want one of those big ones with the lenses. Now, I know you all have incredible photographs on your blog and I would love to know what you take them with, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

UO x


11 comments:

vickileestyle said...

looks like you had a wonderful time! ahh i love chinese food, pocky <3 and your socks are so cute.
in regards to the camera, nikon dslrs tend to be the best but it really depends on your price range!

Vintage Stop at www.vickileestyle.blogspot.com

Romance Is Boring said...

New follower :) Love your socks; They're adorable!

I'm hopefully getting a camera for my 18th, which is around Christmas :) I've asked for a Canon EOS 500D - I was stuck like you, but this camera sounds amazing! Jessops was the cheapest for it :)

romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

xxx

Amy said...

You all look really cute! Now I am craving Chinese :)

▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

Fran said...

Olivia I love your outfit in this picture, I am specially loving the leopard shoes :) Frannyvargas.blogspot.com

danniekate said...

oh man, i'm so craving chinese now! love your outfit x

Clara said...

lovely pics
xx

La p├ępite modeuse said...

great pics :)

Spence. said...

You and your friends look ever so stylish, hope you had a great time lovely!
I've got a Canon E0S 500D and I love it to pieces but it is really expensive, and complicated if you use the manual settings...
Ooh but the quality of images is just impeccable and the ISO comes in handy as I'd constantly be blinding myself with the flash whilst taking outfit shots, tehe.
Good luck on the camera hunt! ;)
x

Pearl Westwood said...

You all look gorgeous!!

Jeanine Brito said...

Mm, Chinese food. You look absolutely gorgeous, as usual.
As for the camera - I use a Sony Cybershot. It's a happy medium between SLR and a point and shoot, but if you're serious about photography you'll need an SLR.

beeble said...

looks like it was really fun, love your outfit. Not sure about recommending you a model but I really want a nikon wide shot lense for christmas!