Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Clothes Swap.

With the first of September, came a day greatly anticipated by myself and the other attendees throughout the Summer; The Clothes Swap, organised by Lucy, of Treasure Chest. A day of clothes and swapping was to be had by all, with the added bonus of delicious lemon loaf, chocolate chip cookies and black bottom cupcakes (all home baked, of course). I took along six items of clothing; an array of jumpers, tops and skirts which were just simply not to my taste anymore, which I am happy to say all found new owners. In return, I picked up these goodies...

Firstly, a sheer dusty blue shift dress, with cream detailing and buttons, which Jenni, from A School Girl's Lunchbox, had kindly brought to be swapped. I also tried it on backwards and, although it prohibited all normal arm movement, it looked pretty good that way too...

A perfect pleated brown woolen skirt, also from Jenni, which I managed to sneak away from under a large pile of skirts, to try on before anyone else, also from Jenni...

A leopard print dress - which I just so happened to be looking for - which luckily fit well...

And finally, a grey marl corset, from The Treasure Finder herself!

It was beautiful sunny day, which left me feeling elated; who would have thought you could get gorgeous clothes and, in the meantime, make space in your closet, for free (minus the small entrance fee which went toward Lucy's World Challenge Fund)?! Plus pick up a brand new, beautiful pencil case... but more on that later...
Have you attended a Clothes Swap recently? Did you feel you got a good deal on the clothes you gave in?

UO x

8 comments:

Phoebe.Madeleine said...

great post babes.
xoxoxox

ParisiannSkies said...

some amazing things swapped!

Izzy said...

That's such a kl idea! I love all ur pics! nice to see all the posting coming back ;)!!

www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

xxxx

Rebecca said...

I do clothe swaps also ...well occasionally! but I am defo going to follow your blog and it would be amaing if you did the same to me as I am a young (15) fashion addict :)

averybeckyblog.blogspot.com

Bea said...

I kind of want to do a clothes swap now-it seems like such an awesome way to get new stuff! Maybe when the school break starts here (October). :)

I really love the first blue dress and can't wait to see more of it!

Bea from A plus B

Spence. said...

The clothes swap sounds like a great idea! Ooh and that blue shift dress is beyond adorable - I'm truely jealous ;)

www.simplyspence.blogspot.com
x

xxjetjj said...

very nice idea!

Aspiring Domestic Goddess said...

LOVE the corset!