Thursday, 5 August 2010

Sail.

A couple of weeks ago, my family and I were invited to spend the weekend aboard a family friend's sailing boat. Now, although to most this would seem like a fabulous way to spend a weekend, I tend to approach boats with trepidation: We used to have a motorboat, and were dragged down to the solent almost every weekend therefore planting this now deep-rooted fear of being asked to a boat. Not only did I miss out on seeing friends or any other social arrangements, but I actually thoroughly dislike the motion and the whole boating experience; the rocking, the freezing wind and the fact we always seemed to be the only two boats out on the solent with circling grey clouds overhead. However, this time would be different, and possibly worse, as there was now going to be two families sharing the one boat, a boat which was a sailing boat, which means more rocking, more time and more effort. I am a more motor boating around the hot Mediterranean in a squadron kind of girl.
Arriving at the Port Hamble Marina and locating the boat, the name immediately caught my attention. "Nothing to do with me! I bought it with that name," the owner exclaimed. Hmm... Then, bounding down the pontoon came their dog, Mickey, of whom I was slightly scared when warned he could jump up and sink my claws into me, yet throughout the trip he proved pretty docile and only my father had the priviledge of the 'claws' experience.
Due to tides, the only place we could venture that evening was the usual go-to East Cowes. So, after a bit of difficultly with us berthing in the water taxi's  position and a few minutes sorting out the crazy wind hair, we were off out to dinner.
The next day saw us tacking across the solent again over to Lymmington, whilst I sunbathed and actually recieved quite prominent tan lines! I was hoping to visit the charity shops, but our time was limited by the tides, so we settled for a lovely lunch at the marina restaurant, where I chose an absolutely delicious home made fish finger sandwich on ciabatta, and a quick moment in the park. Then, it was homeward bound...


Also, it was a couple of weeks ago now, and I should have most definitely posted in my last post but I forgot to slip it in, but I remember now! The lovely Becca from squishingmushrooms asked to do an interview, and I was more than happy to oblige. Thank you so much Becca and see the interview here.

UO x

12 comments:

vickileestyle said...

sailing seems fun, but agreed, only when the weather is nice and sunny.
really love your second outfit!

Ella Jasmine said...

'nautigirl' hahaa, love your second outfit too!

ParisiannSkies said...

ccool interview!
and loving the boat outfits.

Jenni Whitaker said...

Ah! The name is slightly cringeworthy! I love the way you've worn your american apparel skirt as a dress, excellent idea, may have to do that myself sometime ;) xxx

jessica wu said...

love the nautical styleon you!

xx

alyssa pageot said...

oh what a perfect little nautical outfit! you're adorable!

www.alyssapageot.blogspot.com

Bea said...

Nautigirl cracked me up! It is hilarious. Everyone on that boat looks so colorful and bright! Your stripe on stripes outfit is brilliant.

Fun trip, Olivia. :)

B from A plus B

katielouise said...

i adore both your outfits here, the last one is my favourite though. love the dress and wish i could see more of the shoes! i want to know where its all from



follow me http://whatkatiedidblogs.blogspot.com/

julia louise said...

Lovely photos :-)
So cute.

http://www.julia-louise.blogspot.com

mel said...

looks like so much fun! li adore your outfit dearie!, and you guys are so stunning
x
mel

peterbellandtinkerpan.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I love you in that stripy outfit! Too cute.

▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

beeble said...

you looked fabulous, love your outfit. Also, 'Nautigirl'- love it haha (: