Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Sports.

Yes, it was that time of the year again; a day for high-necked, badly cut brightly coloured t-shirts, cycling shorts, me embarrassing myself and warrior paint. Sports day. I cannot really decide whether I enjoy this day or not... Yes, I enjoy the 'house spirit' and, erm, friendly competitiveness of the day, but it is all really worth a few hours of pretty much just sitting there? But we have fun...
My race this year was 200m. Year seven saw me triumph in first place with the win of hurdles, but that victory was short lived and did not continue with the year eight hurdles. This year, however, was going to be different and I was not going to put myself through the fear of, number one, being slow, and number two, falling, and the consequent nerves. This year, I was just going to put myself through one type of fear - being slow - after kindly offering to do the 200m since no one else would. Perhaps I should have been a little more clever to catch onto the reason of why no one would do it? But, most unfortunately, I did not. 200m, I have decided, using my obvious sporting knowledge, is the worst distance as it is a sprint, but a long sprint.



Regardless of all of the above, I think, mostly, that, yes, it is an enjoyable  day, especially because it also comes with the added bonus of, more than, a half day off. We kept up the annual tradition of seeing a movie - I say tradition, but it has only really happened once before, last year, and, collectively, we cannot even remember back to year seven to confirm whether this could actually be a two year long tradition - and decided on Toy Story 3. After a little bit of reservation of excitement about the viewing, I was very pleasantly surprised! It was an entertaining watch: a shame the theatre was filled with rowdy teenage boys (I felt more sorry for the small children who had probably spent their whole month looking forward to this very 108minutes).


What I wore:
Tan shoes - Office
Trousers - Forever 21
Green lace bandeau - Urban Outfitters
Khaki jumper - Primark
Headband - Vintage

I type this with my hair in a towel-turban about to fall asleep to then wake up at 4.15am and coach-it to Belgium avec mes amies! A bientot!

UO x

16 comments:

vickileestyle said...

ahhh, sports day! how did watson do? i normally love sports day since it's only a few hours and i do nothing at all except cheer my friends on apart from last year i was forced to do the 200m as well! i agree, it is an awful distance! hhaa didn't do too well in that.
we do the movie tradition thing as well. last year it was mamma mia i think!
really love your trousers <3

hannah banananan said...

yay green i was on green team for sports team as well for sports day at my school :)

Claudia said...

Well done for participating in the 200m! I'm the same as you, I came first in year 7 200m but in year 8 & 9 I came third. In the pictures of us running my legs look FREAKILY muscular! (In a baad way!) Where did you come? xxx

Leather said...

love your blog!!
XOXO

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

jay said...

Oh sports day! We don't have one anymore, but I remember them being quite fun.
I adore your trousers, by the way!

Bea said...

Ah running is so fun. I will get off my bum tomorrow and do just that. I miss sports days and other things that compelled me to be fit. :)

You and your friends have gorgeous hair. The last look is one of my favorites from you, Olivia.

B from A plus B

Nicola said...

love that outfit! especially that hair tie.
x

wanderingaroundaround.blogspot.com

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

Wow, I love your outfit, especially those pants.

You look like you had an amazing time.

jamie-lee said...

this looks like so much fun!! i love the team spirit x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

Sophia said...

you guys looks great! i love your outfit and headband especially..

Panda said...

Ahhh sports day, that famailar feeling of dread and pride. (: Great blog, by the way, It's nice to find another blogger my age! Panda xx
+ thanks for the sweet comment, very much appreciated!

Panda said...

Ahhh sports day, that famailar feeling of dread and pride. (: Great blog, by the way, It's nice to find another blogger my age! Panda xx
+ thanks for the sweet comment, very much appreciated!

Beckerman Girls said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! Those race pics are so wicked! You're not gonna believe it, but I have those flower pants from Forever 21 too!!! They are soooo 1970's cool!
xo The Beckerman Girls

http://BeckermanBitePlate.com

Val said...

i loveee the trousers. so chic. your pics definitely make me miss my high school days xx

Sasha B. said...

those trousers are awesome! i love how you wore them. that headband is so cute on you..im obsessed with head accessories!

the style crusader said...

love your look in the last photo! xx