Sunday, 20 June 2010

Photoshoot: Behind the Scenes.

Habin, from Beeble, had been talking to me and Lucy - who has just written an inspirational post which is sure to make you want to be healthy for summer - for a while about getting together for a photoshoot, which would promote my jackets, Lucy's headbands and give Habin a chance to do some more fashion photography. After one false start and a whole lot of Facebook e-mailing, the day finally arrived and we popped up to Portobello Market. When I say 'popped', it was a semi-eventful journey, entailing a suprise line closure, a crazy drunk man (with a rotting head) - I thought putting it in brackets would make it less foul - and an almost signal failure.

Now, I have not recieved the results yet but thought I would do a post to tell you the behind the scenes info and the less than glamorous details!
We arrived presuming we were going to shoot against the pastel coloured houses on the main stretch of Portobello Road but when we arrived and saw the sheer size of the crowds, it was not certain we would get our shots. However, the first port of call was Eat for some food and we also used the upstairs floor and bathroom as a changing room, much to the confusion of staff and fellow costumers. Then, I spied some immaculate rows of coloured houses behind Eat, which would be perfection. And they certainly were. We managed to find one in every colour to match the outfits and had to ask a few of the owners if we could shoot in front of them, to which they kindly agreed.
We attracted a lot of attention with our models all dressed up and Habin's large camera and were asked by an American man to take a picture of them with his son, an Eastern European woman to take a picture of her with them and the people sitting outside the pub seemed to be rather impressed.
However, the most attention was received when we moved right into the market and were taking pictures on an antiques stall. An old man got out his VIDEO CAMERA and zoomed in onto the models faces. Even after receiving disgusted faces from us and a rather obvious "perv" being shouted from one of the models, he was not perturbed and moved position to then start filming me, Habin and Lucy. It was time to move on...

It was a very long day and we returned eight hours later! A massive thank you to Habin, Hannah and Ellie and I cannot wait to see the results. Here is what we wore...
Wedges - New Look
Tweed trousers - Zara
Grey dress - ?

UO x

20 comments:

polka dot said...

Oh Olivia, what a great post! It's funny, with Jen (Style Crusader) a while back I took her thru the Mews near us where our fabulous vet is (Kynance Mews) and she had us do a photo shoot. I really must post those shots!

Thank you for your really kind, lovely comment today. Please don't feel bad for a moment that you 'only' got your dad a card. That's the point: we were encouraged not to get our parents anything. My dad always felt that stuff doesn't matter. Your dad knows, that's what's important.

Lucky you, and lucky dad!

xox

vickileestyle said...

looks like you had a long, fabulous day!
modelling in public is always so embarrassing!
habin is an amazing photographer, i can see the photos coming out great ;)

Pixie Dust said...

Love the photoshoot :))
I like your blog! :))
Come check out mine, I think you will like it (or so I hope? :)) Also, I'd like to invite you to check out my makeup and accessories giveaway - it ends in 5 days, so hurry up if you are interested in winning some nice goodies :))

I hope to hear from you soon.
Have a wonderful day!
xxx

cherie said...

can't wait to see the results of the shoot. i love your pastel outfit in your last post :)

Pearl Westwood said...

What an interesting post, I really love those huge hair ribbons! x

Jessica Weingarten said...

The shoot looks amazing! Your jackets and Lucy's headbands look better than ever, I can't wait to see the final results!

By the way, I'd love to have you as a panelist! I'm about to do a post announcing everyone and shall start taking entries for best dressed reader in the near future!

I'm pretty sure I have you friended on facebook so I can send you more info there when the time comes!

-Jess
http://darknightholdtight.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Such gorgeous photos! :) x

www.glamourcupcake.com

F.P. said...

The images on your blog are so inspiring! Great blog!

ann said...

wow love all the cute outfits! hope you can stop by my blog and follow!

annquach.blogspot.com

THESTREETFASHION5XPRO said...

Gorgeous photo and post!

B said...

Everyone looks cool! No wonder people were stopping to stare at you guys.

I especially like the photographers outfit. The denim, floral and boots!

B from A plus B

Nathalie said...

absolutely wonderful outfits!
*Nathalie

Larsup said...

What a great post!
REALLY CLEAR I LIKE IT!
Incredible outfits! and it seems so romantic and vintage!
LOVE THE LAST PANTS!
http://alarsup.blogspot.com/
visit me and comment ;D

jay said...

I bet these photos will turn out amazing! I love shoots with close friends.

Spence. said...

Sounds like you had an amazing day! Great behind the scenes shots, can't wait to see the final prints!
x

beeble said...

i loved your outfits, they were fabulous. Will give you the usb stick today, excited to start editing and finalise the photos (:

mom & son said...

Hello Olivia!
Thank you so much for the kind comments
on my blog. That's so sweet of you!

This is my first time to check out your blog. Sorry it took me so long, been so busy with motherhood. My dear, you are very beautiful.
Love the behind scenes photo shoo!

See you!

Lauren and Jennifer said...

Great photos!!!! Love the polka dot pants, and the boots are amazing!!!



please vist us at:
bukuroshe-bukuroshe.blogspot.com

Orphin Lasz said...

Great photos! I love your the soft pallette you went for; pastels and lace go along beautifully! * ^ *

You all look so delicate and feminine... lovely! ; u ;

~ Orphin's Domains ~

Birgitte said...

love the pictures!

xoxo Birgitte
http://fashionaccordingtobirgitte.blogspot.com