Monday, 17 May 2010

Destiny.

Gosh, it has been a while since I have been out and actually resumed normal life. So, with exams (almost, as I still have orals) over, I made the most of this weekend. The result, I am absolutely exhausted!

Saturday, I spent a lovely time in a park with a group of friends tree climbing and sun bathing, catching what rays I could....


Sunday involved me actually visiting an actual shop... It has been a while! Here, I purchased some necessities for my forementioned trip to Spain though I did not managed to find or buy anything on my list. Ah well, I ended up with a couple of the following lovelies plus just some boring shorts and tops as I am being forced to dress appropriately for sports and, well, just generally!

Firstly, I had wanted the blue dotted waterproof from Topshop (anyone seen it?) but changed my mind once inside the shop as the blue one was only in a size 12 and I found a snakeskin print one, which I prefered with my colour scheme of pastels, and bought it instead! 
I also bought these Zara Kids Boys swimming trunks, which I have rolled up to create "bubble" shorts (or at least I hope). I was walking through childrens Zara, on the way to the adult section to look for my  previously lusted-after shorts, when I spotted a dash of lilac in the swimwear section. I walked over and picked these up, liking the pattern and the practicality. I tried them on in the changing room, rolled them up and voila!
If you are follower of Union Olivia, then you will know my love for a pair of certain Zara shorts. However, I could not find these anywhere in the shop and after asking sales assisstants who could not find them (and knew nothing about them! They should know their stock, especially the items that had been featured in Grazia!), I gave up the hunt. It was not meant to be, I thought, and if they are £40 I am not going to fight it. And picked up these instead, which are a gorgeous dusty pink...
On the subject of things "meaning to be", do you believe in determinism - fate, destiny, etc. - or free will? We are currently studying Macbeth in English and lightly touched upon this debate today in class. In my opinion, it is an irrelevant question because it does not matter how or why things happen it is just the fact that they do. Okay, well, maybe not irrelevant but I believe that sometimes determinism is used for an excuse, like saying "Oh sorry, I had to commit that crime because it was written in the stars", for example. If things happen because they are destined to happen, then that is the way the whole world works and people would still choose to do a certain action consciously because they do not know it is a foretold action. Equally, if one believes in free will, then the people who do the actions make the concious decision to do them. Therefore, it does not matter which one is correct because you make the decision conciously whether to do something, or not. Where do you stand on this debate? Would you see a fortune-teller?

UO x

13 comments:

Mary Lee said...

omg i was about to buy those pinky shorts but they didn't have a small size :(

Ellen said...

I love your jackets but it all comes down to how much they cost (yes, it would appear you CAN buy style...) as I am saving up for a trip to Paris and am trying to spend sparingly.

xxx
Ellen

http://theravenandthecellardoor.blogspot.com/

beeble said...

love the zara shorts, louise ebel was wearing them in one of her lookbook outfits- looked so pretty. I hate the thought that life is pre-determined and controlled by something that no-one can quite put their finger on other than to call it fate. I must admit that the odd time now and then I do fall into beleiving that certain things are 'destined' to happen, but I just don't like the idea of it. I hope you got my comment from your jacket post, id love to hear your reply x

Spence. said...

I almost bought the zara shorts you were talking about! But the thing that put me off was the fact they're dry clean only, and I'd get them messy too easily, hehe.

I believe in destiny, sort of.... yesterday the universe gave me a scone xD. Through a series of unfortunate events I was lead to being in the right place at the right time and my day turned around! Something as small as being given a scone at that particular moment made my day. Though you could just call that luck or purely random, I don't know... I don't like to think our life's already mapped out for us - I think it changes with every descision we make.
I like to believe that every mistake we make is leading us somewhere good :)
x

ParisiannSkies said...

i really love the zara boys shorts
and what you have done with them!
amazing creative vision.

Claudia said...

I think fate is a rubbish if I'm honest, I'm christian, so I think that there is no destiny...

Marina said...

great blog!
love the last trousers;)
x

Le Jardin said...

i really like your jacket it has a cool print.

visit, leave our mark, follow?
http://kagglejardin.blogspot.com

Jessica Weingarten said...

Great outfit!
And I just bought those pink shorts too! hah

-Jess
http://darknightholdtight.blogspot.com

Izzy said...

The jacket is rather funky, and the shorts would go really well with it :)

Swamped in flowers xx

Henriette said...

i love your clothes.at most the cool shorts !
want want want !

Sarah said...

I saw the spotty one but this actually looks really great! good choice! xx

bekster said...

i wish I lived in the UK I am so envious of your style D:
your so daring!! :)

http://squishingmushrooms.blogspot.com/2010/05/le-week-end.html