Monday, 19 April 2010

New York: Day 2

What I wore:
Head band - Topshop
Shirt - Cos
Belt - ?
Leather skirt - Vintage
Leather cuff - Made
Bag - Vintage
Clogs - Mango

As you can see, I am wearing my fabulous new clogs! At least, I think they are! They are from the marvelous - it is now graced with such an adjective because of what I managed to find there - Mango and £45, which I think is a bargin for the likes of these. They have studs, a perfect colour of wood heel and a wide band. Clog perfection (bar the Miu Miu ones, but we will just shhh). Also, I have seen the Kurt Geiger ones again and now, next to my ones, I think they are ugly with the big seam up the middle. Anyway, on to day number 2 in the Big Apple...

This morning, we were too tired to stumble out of bed bright and early for breakfast, so we received it in bed. Yum, chocolate criossants... Today, we decided to go up the famous Rockefeller Center as the weather was beautiful - a great expanse of blue sky, perfect for acheiving sweeping views across New York! We stepped into the elavator (not lift, elavator) and whooshed up the seventy floors in a tunnel of flashing lights, dancing words and echoic song (literally, it was quite a shock to the system) to be met by exquisite 360degree views of the city.

In contrary to yesterday, today, to my supreme and absolute delight, I saw the side of New York in which the beauties of GG inhabit. From the Top of the Rock, we went uptown, by the course of fifth avenue, to the Upper East Side. Firstly we travelled the final stretch of fifth avenue, then into Central Park where I was met with a large expanse of water, dappled sunlight and thousands of people strolling, sunbathing, and sight-seeing. I seriously wanted to lunch at the gorgeous white boathouse, which features in 27 Dresses, but there was a two hour waiting time and I was seriously hungry! So we trekked on through the park, blisters forming, to visit the Met Museum and on the way bumped into Lea Michele, who plays Rachel from Glee and exhanged smiles. I would have said something, but her name in "real" life had completely escaped! As she wandered through the park, with her boyfriend on her arm, she left a wake of stunned teenage girls!

                              
On to the museum... The reason for me wanting to drag the rest of my family to this particular museum, aside from seeing the art and it being located in Central Park, is because in GG they always sit on "the met steps" which I sure did!

Later that evening, we walked up Lexington Avenue, popped into Waldorf (the name sound familiar) but decided not to stay, to visit Top of the Tower, which is perched on top an art deco building, which still had all the original lighting fixtures and suchlike, for a cocktail. It presented us with stunning views of NY as the lights lit up the city after the sun set.
                                             
                                             

Olivia x x x x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

bit retarded but really original :)

Claudia Laurel Bell said...

Wow those sights are beeaauutiful!!! Love the outfit :) and your sister's! xxx

Izzy said...

Woow I love your outfit :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Your outfit is adorable! You are so pretty in these photos. I'm glad you're having a great time in New York. I haven't been there in YEARS and I am dying to go back again one day. :)

RedRose said...

You gorgeous as always, I wish I was stuck in New York it would be amazing!

Anonymous said...

It seems to me, you are mistaken