Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Influence.

Yet another trend has come from nowhere into our lives because of a certain movie. Remeber the vamp trend from not so long ago? Can you perhaps guess the film that influenced that? I have to say, I secrety really enjoyed that trend and loved the chance to, for use of the phrase, sink my teeth (get it?) into a more gothic style - it was a nice excuse. I even sported the "be afraid" top whilst on holiday in Cannes, mixing it with lace and a floral bikini.

Ah, to reminiss. But, we must forget the past, because the new "film trend" is, of course, Alice and Wonderland. I am equally excited about this trend! Pretty Alice style dresses and surreal colours and patterns. It's all very exciting. I particularily love a Lipsy light-blue, gingham, halterneck dress. Very Aliceesque. And, I love the shirt that is in the Benetton advert atm.
Also, I was getting my Grazia five o'clock fix and I found these...

Is it not just sunglassperfection!? These beauties were created through Linda Farrow's collobaration with Alexander Wang. You can check out the whole collection here.

AGH! IT IS THE REMEMBER ME PREMIERE TONIGHT! WISH I WAS THERE :( Please please please Miss Kularatne. PLEASE get me a signed picture. Otherwise, you will feel so bad and actually let me meet him. FINGERS CROSSED.

Olivia x x x x

10 comments:

MariamLovesJLS. said...

those sunglasses are fuggers. :P
but omg i love the gingham shirt! and i only recently found out how to say gingham aha :L i used to say it like 'jinjum'...
and i love every single thing you're wearing in that cannes picture. honestly.

Amy said...

I love your tee! Super cute.

wolfwhistle.org

vickileestyle said...

personally, i don't like to follow trends cos they're trends. i always loved the "vampy" look but i like to call it gothic instead. twilight put me off the whole vampire idea thing.
i can't wait to watch alice in wonderland in the imax! i might dress up for the occassion ;)

Olivia Isabella. said...

Aaah, but trends are fuuun :) and i think it helps get you in the mood for the season! I don't like to limit myself to trends though. I pretty much wear what I want but highstreet shops often stock things that are "in" so the things that are in are more availiable...
Ah! It is immense! Didn't see it in 3D though. Ahaha, I seriously wanted to but we were going after school and I forgot :/

MariamLovesJLS. said...

same! everyone went and i completely forgot. :S

beeble said...

love your outfit, not too keen on the sunglasses though. im catching up on grazia right now (:
is Miss Kularatne the one who spent christmas with robert pattinson? and if so, how come?
beeble x

Olivia Isabella. said...

Beeble: thanks :) Yeaah! and basically, she is related to him and sees him all the time. and she went to the premiere, so said please can you take a picture for him to sign. BUT, his mum said she couldnt ask him but she told her about me and our class :D

Curiouser and Curiouser said...

love the Wang glasses, so many designers are doing amazing sunglasses at the mo - Loving Giles, Marni, Erdem...

beeble said...

im so so jealous, cant beleive shes related to him. life is so unfair.

jessica danielle. said...

Haha the vamp trend has always been one of my faves, though I can never pull it off! (I stuck with vampy nail polish instead)
And, I love the Wang-farrow collection!
I tried a pair on, but didn't buy them! Now I kinda regret it haha...but far too much money to spend on sunglasses!