Sunday, 21 March 2010

Book Club #1.

Today, the first book club was held at my house. Sadly, quite a few of the people could not attend: However, around 4 I think is the perfect number because it means we actually talk about the books a little (until we decide we must watch the deleted scenes of New Moon - which are an actual shit joke btw)! Today was a beautiful Spring's day, which was definitely present in our clothing and the fact Jenni cooly arrived on a bicylce, so we sat in the sunny conservatory. As I have previously told, my suggestion was Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks and Jenni also put forward some suggestions: Love, again by Doris Lessing, The Private Lives of  Pippa Lee by Rebecca Miller, Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding and, the book that we ended up choosing to read, Once in a House on Fire by Andrea Ashworth.
If you had already read the book, please let me know what you think. If not, please, feel free to join in our book club online and read along with us! Luckily, this time, Jenni had an extra copy of the book, which I managed to swipe. Yet others are buying previously owned books on Amazon.com and renting from library.

Olivia x x x x

7 comments:

MariamLovesJLS. said...

i don't understand, do you read the book beforehand then discuss? or just sit and read? :P

Olivia Isabella. said...

The first one Mariam, that is generally what a "book club" is ;) But this was the first book club, so we were deciding the book to read.

Mary Lee said...

what are the books about? i really need to start reading, i literally haven't read since december! :/

Olivia Isabella. said...

I'm not sure really :P Go on, read along with us and read :D

Jenni Whitaker said...

I love the fact I'm mentioned, I feel famous! :D x x x

Jodie Rose said...

WOOOP BOOK CLUB :D sorry i missed it :( lol xxx

punkyfish5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.