Thursday, 25 February 2010

Dressing table. (and clogs)

Today, my new dressing table arrived. Stepping through my front door I saw two cardboard boxes sitting the hall. My first thought was, 'Yes! Finally! My dressing table has arrived. My room can start looking complete!'. My second was, 'Two boxes?' It needed to be assembled :( After scoring along the tape, ripping open the cardboard and, finally, the seperate pieces arriving in my room, several trips up and down two flights of stairs, the work began. Thousands (well, fourteen...) of fiddly screws later, it started to take shape and I was impressed with the intricacy of the online bought dressing table. The only slight disappointment was NO GOLD anywhere, yet this problem can easily be solved with a little bit of paint!


All this blogging is leaving little extra free time, so this week I've not got round to reading Tuesday's Grazia! Until now. And wow, was I blown away by Marc Jacob's collection at New York Fashion Week! I love everything about it. The cut, fabric, colours, style. It is times like these when I seriously wish I was a gazillionaire! I especially loved all the low heeled shoes worn with ankle socks. I have been wearing my gold ankle socks from Topshop all winter. So much, in fact, that they have become completely thread-bare, one with a complete whole where the sole should be, just in time for Spring. Need to restock! Take a look at the show here. If you cannot be bothered then here is a little taster, though I seriously recommend the complete show...


Also, I am in dire need of these either of these clogs. I have been scouring affordable sites for the perfect clogs, but to no avail! If anyone knows where I can get any clogs with thick straps and a dark heel, please let me know!


Olivia x x x x

14 comments:

Mary Lee said...

wow that is one nice mirror :)

JACKtheLADswingWHIZZkid said...

what is the new obsession with these clogs! :| i don't particularly like them tbh. and that's coming from some non fashionable person so don't dwell on it :L

Olivia Isabella. said...

Aaah, i used to have clogs all the time when I was younger! They are AWESOME :D

vickileestyle said...

I was so disappointed with Marc Jacobs AW10! Seriously was so upset after his SS10 which blew me away.
Clogs. <3 Gotta love them. I had a nice little chat with Phoebe about them yesterday and I was just saying how I'm gunna try buy the peach KG ones for my birthday! If not, then I have some slightly cheaper back ups from Topshop but it's not dark soled. They're like jelly shoe clogs. :)

Olivia Isabella. said...

I like seriously love his collection! like, majorly! But omg, so jealous your birthday is soon! I want KG clogs SO BAD! :(

through the lens. said...

that dressing table is gorgeous. i just have a boring one, but with a similar intricate mirror to make it look all nice and vintage :)

JACKtheLADswingWHIZZkid said...

oh and olivia, i was wondering how you got that 'please follow me' badge on the right hand side of your blog? :P it is pretty amazing and i need it. i have like 9 followers. woop. :/

beeble said...

i love the marc jacobs line, so beautiful.

Not so fond of Vicki said...

I love your mirror, so pretty :) I'm hoping my parents will let me get a french-style dressing table when we repaint my room.

xxx

caity said...

that dresser is seriously lovely :) i totally agree with you on the clogs- i love the ones alexa wore in this months vogue too did you see them?

please check my blog out im just starting out too :)
http://fashionable-days.blogspot.com
x

Olivia Isabella. said...

JLSWK: www.shabbyblogs.com :)
beeble: I know right!? i do NOT understand how people don't like it :O
Not so fond of Vicki: Thank you :) and good luck :P
Caity: thanks. And yeaah, i did! I do love Alexa chung but i thought her article on denim was a bit weak :/ And will do :D

JACKtheLADswingWHIZZkid said...

answer my question please :P

Olivia Isabella. said...

I did :P www.shabbyblogs.com

JACKtheLADswingWHIZZkid said...

oh dear how embarrassing. i was on my twitter profile on blogger and the comment didn't come up :P thanks a million.