Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Difficult times.

Personally, I think this time of year is a difficult time in fashion. Firstly, you are tired of your winter woolies; having to spend money on large items such as coats and shoes as they are the only clothing you actually see is becoming tiresome and, to be honest, it is slightly irritating that my outfits are hidden. Don't get me wrong, I adore scarfs, coat, shoes etc but there comes a point when I simply want it to warm up a bit! This reason is also partly to do with the fact I do not like glowing red hands and ears to accessorise my outfit. Secondly, you seriously want to immerse yourself in the delicate, pastel colours, denim denim denim or futuristic sports luxe. Oh, new spring/summer collections arriving in high street stores are making me giddy with excitement. I've already began stocking  up on my spring wardrobe but want to save my pieces to suprise at a later date, in appropriate weather when they can be seen. Thirdly, London Fashion Week is upon us and you cannot help but become carried away in the exciting next year's unattainable fashions.  The skirt Daisy Lowe is constantly pictured in, by Christopher Kane, I am actually in love with.


So much in love, in fact, that I thought, 'Now is the time for me to exercise my limited sewing knowledge, scavenge for the sewing machine and make a trip to Fabric Land.' Sadly, my efforts did not prevail and I ended up with a too tight, badly sewn, basically awful excuse for a skirt. I could cry.
                                       
However, I will not be perturbed; I will try again. Also, watching Alexander Wang's A/W 10/11 collection, after being confused, then grossed out by the models' greasy hair-dos, I seriously wanted these knee-high, what I would call, socks that split and flare over the shoes. Take a look at his show here.

Olivia x x x x

7 comments:

vickileestyle said...

I agree, winter is awful for fashion! I too am annoyed in the winter as well because I always carefully plan each outfit nicely when I go out but always have to lump a stupid coat over it. I always wish for the summer at winter time.
London Fashion Week has disappointed me so much! For me, Rodarte has been my god. <3 Then John Rocha and then Alexander Wang. Gotta agree, those ruby velvet over the knee and shoe high socks are to die for! That's the first collection of his that I've actually liked.

Beni said...

I hate coats, they always cover up everything and you have to match your shoes to your coat aswell as the outfit because you know that your coat is probably never going to come off.
I loved Marc by Marc Jacobs (in New York), and I quite liked Erdem. Don't you think it's weird how it's not even spring yet and we're already looking at stuff for cold weather...

Olivia Isabella. said...

Oooh I looove Marc Jacobs. So much. Also love Rodarte and the shoooes at John Rocha :D

Olivia Isabella. said...

Beni, i know, it is very upsetting :(

beeble said...

i agree with vicki, coats always ruin a carefully planned outfit! mind you, this season my ma invested in coats for me so got quite a few to keep me going in the shit english weather.
your blog is really well written! also your skirt doesnt look bad, if you want you should go to the tailors next to fabric land, theyll make it well for you and they arent too pricey
x

through the lens. said...

woa, beni has a blog. and aaaaah, i am in LOVE with daisy lowe, seriously.

WendyB said...

I'm in favor of summer. I like going out without layers!